- Downtown Historic Fairhaven
- Numerous coffee shops and great restaurants
- Bellingham bay Waterfront and downtown shops
- Pine and Cedar Hiking Trail within walking distance to stunning views of Bellingham Bay.
- Great beaches and interurban trails nearby
- Close to I-5 on ramp
- 30 minutes to and from the Canadian border
Great craft stores within 15 minutes drive of The Hobby Hen House:
- Michaels – 4383 Meridian Street
- Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts- 1125 E. Sunset dr. Suite 125
- Ragfinery- 1421 N. Forest St.
- Hobby Lobby – 4305 Meridian street
- Stampadoodle & The Paper Café – 1825 Grant Street
- Dakota Art Store- 1322 Cornwall Ave.
- Two Thimbles Quilt Shop- 1805 Cornwall Ave.
- NW Handspun Yarns – 1401 Commercial St.